Would you say something?

I was stopped at a red light today and looked over and saw that the car next me had a bunch of people stuffed into the back seat. There were a couple of adults, one was holding a baby (in her lap), there was a little girl that was facing the rear of the car... and no, not in car seat. I was absolutely appalled and wanted to ring their necks for putting those kids in danger. But what would you have done? Rolled down your window and said something to them? Ignored them? Called the police?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Call the police. Others may say mind your own business, but I bet when those kids are thrown through a windshield, they will wish someone had minded their business, since their parents didn't.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 6:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• What did you do?

Answer by louise2 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I would probably have taken down their license plate number and called the police.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• OP here- I called the police.
    Anonymous

• Never, I repeat NEVER roll down your window and confront a car full of people about their decisions. You never know if those people are violent, carrying guns, or what type of people they are. It is not safe to do that. If you're concerned call the police but do not call 911 its for life threatening emergencies.
    Anonymous

• mind your business
    Anonymous

• said nothing, i have to look away so much working in a school in a very poor area, most people are good about it, then you have some kids older sister pile 10 kids into her 1980's oldsmobile... it does make me mad too.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:12 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I would call the police! My MIL almost drove *even though it was just down the street* with my son not in a car seat and just someone holding him! I am glad I came home when I did but I quit my job after that day. I have sworn if I EVER see a carseat age kid not in one I am SO calling the police. I cna understand emergency situations and so can cops. But not just cause someone is too lazy to put a kid in one. If you can't afford one there are programs you can sign up for to get you one!
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 10:15 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I would call the police
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 10:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Ive seen it before and Ive thought...morons but didnt do anything. I wouldnt do anything nowadays either.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:02 AM on Nov. 9, 2009