Temp of 103.3 and a rash

my one year old had a small rash yesterday and last night started running a fever of 103.3 and then today her rash was worse some of the bumps look like pimpels and the rest just look like small red bumps. Does anyone have any suggestion on what this may be. Thanks

aparker7482

Asked by aparker7482 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son had something like this a few weeks ago. It is common in small children and usually goes away in about 24 hours. I rotated i.b. and tylo. every 2 hours but DID take him for a check up JUST IN CASE. He was fine, and back to normal the next day. If you are concerned at all it may be something serious make sure to take her to her DR.
    Anonymous

• You should check it with your doctor. Rash/temp can be strep (but doesn't necessarily have to be).
    Anonymous

• My son had scarlet fever last year. It started with the rash and then the fever. I thought he was having an allergic reaction to something - but the rash was all over - tiny bumps. The dr. comfirmed it was scarlet fever/strep. He was fine after starting the antibiotic - but the rash took a few days to go away. I would call your dr. to explain the symtoms. Hope this helps. Good Luck.
    momof2boys423

Answer by momof2boys423 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Sounds to me like roseola. It's a variation of chicken pox & very common. If you take her to the doc they will give her antibiotics. My daughter had it twice (pretty uncommon but it happens) and we just let it run it's course. We gave her motrin for the fever, loads of nursing (I bulked up on vitamin C & echinacea so she would benefit from it from my milk) and loads of extra love. The whole thing ran it's course in about 4 days, the rash lasted about a week. Just FYI anytime you have a fever accompanied by a rash you know you are dealing with some type of viral infection.

curlycupcake

Answer by curlycupcake at 11:53 AM on Nov. 9, 2009