wondering...

My hubby was wanting me to get my tubes tied just for a couple years till we have the money to take care of another baby. Is this a bad idea? I don't like birth control of any kind cause everytime i take it something bad happens to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Why doesn't your selfish hubby get a vasectomy (just for a couple years until you have money to have another baby)? It's FAR less invasive than a tubal ligation and the recovery time is days as opposed to weeks.

SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 6:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Talk to your Dr. most of the time a tubal is not reversible and if it is, it is very expensive and there is no guarantee having your tubes untied will result in a pregnancy when you are ready.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Tubal ligations are NOT to be considered reversible. Even if you get a surgury that is more reversible, there is a good chance that you will be infertile after the reversal, and your chances of ectopic pregnancy skyrocket.

I had surgury to remove an ectopic pregnancy in June (not related to a tubal ligation), which is very similar to the surgury used to do sterilization surgury. It hurt. A lot. For a long time. I had to take two weeks off work, and then I was on light duty. They pump your tummy full of CO2 and can't get all the gas back out and it HURTS.

Try FAM. Get the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. I use it because I don't want to be back on birth control pills and neither hubby or I like condoms, and I love it. It's a little work, but it's worth it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• copper IUD- no hormones
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 6:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• if it's only for two years, then why not try condoms, spermicide, or something else like that. Getting your tubes tied isn't the answer if you're planning to have more later, it's for people who don't want to have more children and it does hurt. Men can go in and have their lines snipped and be back at work rather quickly where we have a scar on our belly buttons, and guess what... it changes your whole menestration thing. Mine are for over a week now and very heavy and painful, and the eggs can't go thru the tubes, so after they sit there at the tied up place, they die, then swell up until the body eventually destroys it (again painful).
    Tubal isn't the answer for temporary birth control.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• uh tubal is NOT a temp BC. ..get an IUD< research NFP, use condoms. .b.ut tubal is NOt considered a temp BC. ..
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• For guys the operation is easier and less expensive. u can use and IUD, i had one and it fell out.. If you never want kids go for it. What if you break up and the new person you are with wants a baby.. u have to be sure you never want kids.. don't make a quick decision..

P.S. he is selfish not to just get a vasectomy.. plus if he wants to wait a few years and does want kids.. then there are other ways. Tubal lidagation cost around 2000.00 and IUD cost about 500.. now if you are military they will pay for either.
    Anonymous

• "Why doesn't your selfish hubby get a vasectomy (just for a couple years until you have money to have another baby)? It's FAR less invasive than a tubal ligation and the recovery time is days as opposed to weeks."

Seriously!clapping

Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 10:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• What a jerk.
    Anonymous