• In the Spotlight:

Necklaces on a baby?

Would you let, or does you DD have a necklace that she wears?!? i thought that was a choking hazzard? i seen this little girl wearing a necklace though. about 6 months or so. My DD has a necklace that someone brought her but i wont let her wear it and shes almost 9 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes i put one on my DD only on special occasions, but never leave it on for good.....esp not at night...
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I bought my daughter an amber teething necklace and shes worn it for the past 3 months. It doesn't seem like a hazard, at first I thought I'd take it off when she slept, but she does just fine with it.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 7:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Yes but only when she is awake and someone is with her. I would never put her to map in it or anything like that. She has been wearing it since birth so I can say that she never really messes with it thankfully. At nine months it may be a challenge to get her to leave it alone.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• the only time i put one on either of my girls is for pics or days when i am gonnas be with them all day never to stay on and never when they are sleeping
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• My son wears a teething necklace that he started wearing at about 8 months. His first necklace had a magnetic break away safety... the other 2 he owns has don't break away but are knotted between beads.
    We take it off before bed.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• My daughter has a little gold necklace with a heart charm and a bracelet. She only wears them for special things. She got them as her easter gift from my mom and dad. She will wear it if we go to a baby shower or a wedding. Just special times.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:08 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• most Cambodian families give their children jewelry to wear from the get go and it's never been a hazard before, but i personally wouldn't put it on a child unless it's necessary (i.e. parties, pics, going to see grandma and grandpa, etc. etc.) but some people i know let their kids wear it morning noon and night. if you're just looking to put jewelry on your kid i would go with an anklet or a bracelet instead.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 11:15 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• It is a hazard for babies to wear necklaces or any sort of string/jewelry around their neck. It can get caught and choke the baby very easily.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2009