Whats the worst you've been depressed and Why were you depressed and what did you do to change it.

shorty00207450

Asked by shorty00207450 at 7:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Health

• Right now I am pretty depressed. My husband has been depressed for the past 5 years and he has taken it out on me. So now I feel hopeless to make him happy.
    Anonymous

• 24 years ago. I was in a very deep, dark place after the death of my middle son. I joined a support group, got counseling..but little of that helped. It was when my grandmother held my oldest son(then 2) in front of me and got very angry..she wasn't really yelling at me, it was more end of the rope frustration. Anyway she said to me "you are leaving the living to follow the dead." It really woke me up. Even though I had been taking care of my oldest..I was not really emotionally there. Losing a child is a very difficult thing. My mother didn't understand for a long time. She does now though. My brother died when he was 29. As hard as my own pain was to live with..I can't imagine losing a child I'd had with me for 29 years. Sorry, rambling here.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I had severe postpartum deppression last winter, I ended up in the hospital. They put me on cymbalta and trazadone after a week i was feeling back to normal.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 1:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2009