I think I'm jinxing myself...

I'm trying baby for #2 and every month I can't help myself I test really early and keep testing until I get my period. When I got pregnant with my son it happened the month we hadn't really tried so I didn't test becuase I didn't think we had a chance. And VIOLA a +.

Could I be jinxing myself by testing so early? Do you ever feel that way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Ugh I know what you''re going through!!!!! My ex-husband and I got pregnant the first day of trying with our little one!!!! Now my fiance and I are on our 4th month of trying and it's just not working. In August and September I felt whoozy and naseated and crampy 2 weeks before my period was due so I tested both months 2 test in August 2 test in September all NEGATIVE thinking i was pregnant but I was just throwing out money. Don't test before your period is late, you're just wasting money :D
    Kilahs_mommy_06

Answer by Kilahs_mommy_06 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Jinxing yourself? No. Stressing yourself out unnecessarily by obsessing? Yes.

If you're pregnant, you'll be pregnant a week or so after you are supposed to get your period. If you're not, your period will most likely come. Just let it go and wait.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• When I was seeing a fertility Dr he once told me 'stress hormones and conception worked at odds with one another" Meaning the more stressed you are the harder it is to get pregnant. Many couple fail to concieve so adopt...only to find out a few months later..their pregnant. Try to focus on other things. Refuse to test until your period in at least 3 days past due. Stay busy and try to relax. It will happen when you do.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2009