Why is it hot when men are single father but when there are single mothers out there men think we're the whores

Why is it women think its hot or responsible or whatever that there are single fathers out there raising there child. But is it us single ladies get called whores or sluts or etc for being a single mother..I'm just wondering in general..It always seems like when I go on dates or etc and i tell them I have a child I never hear back from them...it sucks...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Men are jerks! Well, most of them. I was single with a child a long time ago. I dated and never ran into that issue. But, it's more common now. I ended up with a wonderful man who said he loved me more because I was single with a child and knew what being a grown up was all about. He knew I was ready for a real life. That was a decade ago and now we're working on baby #4!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 7:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Single guys are (usually) looking for women with no attachments, so they see kids & go running for the hills. Most single women are looking for longer term, and see a guy who is raising his child all by himself as a great quality. There are some mature men out there that are looking for longterm as well and they are the ones to stick around and man up most of the time.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Our society mandates that women 'connect' meaning that we are supposed to concern ourselves with our children and our spouses and our community. If we are single parents we are supposed to be focused on caring for our children not looking for dates. Men are mandated to 'achieve' meaning it is all about status for them. It is ok to gain status in whatever way may seem appropriate...like finding a good partner. It is silly really and not everyone falls into this narrow minded view. But it does exist out there.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 7:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I just hate it.. I mean yeah I am a single mother I think being a single mother your work much harder than any job out there. I mean when your child is sick you just cant have a so watch your child so you can go to work usually your calling in and after awhile they just wont deal with it...I just dont get it..I'm a hard working mom, I havea two year old boy, I've been on a quiet a few dates & either they just want to be friends with benefits which sucks because after awhile when you have sex with that person you start getting attached & etc...Ugh..I just dont get what I'm doing wrong
    Anonymous

• And not all men are jerks. Some women try to hook guys into being the daddy and that can push guys away. I am not saying you are doing that. I think you should just take it slow. Don't put to much pressure on things needing to work out. The right man who sees you really have it together will come along. Certainly don't just sleep with guys if you are not looking for that.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 7:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Most guys don't take good care of their kids so when a woman sees a man doing that it's a turn on for them. For women, like others have said some want a guy to be a daddy and some aren't ready for that and some just don't want the baggage but if that's the case...then do you really want them around your child?
    Anonymous

• I am not sure why they would say they were whores but i know first hand it is very hard for a biological father to get custody so it is a surprise to find those that do.. It means the he was willing to give up a lot to raise his kid instead of just pushing his child off on the mother.. There are so many single moms out there for that reason. I for one, believe being a single dad deserves a lot of respect. not that being a single mom is easy, but men seem to have a choice.. and he chose to take care of his kids. that show he is responsible and caring..
    yes i know we of course have a choice, but when we have a baby it is automatically our responsibility whether a guy is in the picture or not..
    Anonymous