On average how long does it take to potty train a boy from start to finish?

NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Asked by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 7:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• mine was a lil over two, and it took him about two months, but i didn't make it a HAVE TO kind of thing. he actually enjoyed it.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:17 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• If he is ready- that is if he has enough bladder control- then very fast. I waited until mine were dry at night- about age 3, and it took one weekend to train them.

Answer by Bmat at 7:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Well since you are posting in the 1-2 year category probably a while, my DS was not ready, waited until 2 and a half and it took about 1 week!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• My 19 month daughter trained in less than a week... in my opinion, it can go very quickly if you skip the pull-ups and go straight to undies. A lot of messes to clean up for a few days, and then you're through it.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• We waited until they were 3 and it took my oldest 2 weeks, my second son it took a month. I'm not even going to hazard a guess as to the third. He's STUBBORN.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• My older son took me a while before he was completely potty trained. (Had no help from his dad) My younger son was easy he wanted to do everything like his daddy (different guy) & big brother. Had some accidents for a few days but after that he was good to go. I also skipped the pull ups because they're really nothing more than a diaper.
    kendra1417

Answer by kendra1417 at 12:09 AM on Nov. 9, 2009