On a carseat is the manufacture date and the expiration date the same thing?

I was looking at my son's car seat today after finding out that car seats expire (yes, I was really unaware that they did). I can't find anything that says expiration date...I did however find a manufacture date. Is that the same thing? Or are they 2 totally different dates? Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• 5 years from the Date of Manufacture, the majority of carseats expire. There are very few that go longer than that.
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 9:29 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Manufacture date means the date it was made. Perhaps you could call the company and ask what would be the recommended expiration date.

Expiration date would mean don't use after the expiration date.

Answer by Bmat at 8:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• The manufacture date would be the date that the car seat was made. Maybe try checking the makers website for the expiration date.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Most expire after 5-7 years, but I can't remember which. Call the manufacturer, because some last longer, and that would allow you to use it longer.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• They can't be the same! It wouldn't expire on the day they make it!
    Anonymous

• Anon 9:19....heck if I know! Lol! That's why I asked! I'm pregnant with baby #2 and suffering a bad case of pregnancy brain. =) Thanks for the answers ladies!
    Anonymous