When do you think siblings should stop bathing together? I have a boy and a girl. At what age do you think is too old? Right now they are 4 and 2.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• My boy and girl are 20 months apart. They stopped bathing together when my oldest was 2 and a half because she noticed her little brother's penis. She pointed at it and said "that's funny" then tried to grab it. My husband and I quickly ended that bath session. I bathe the youngest and he bathes the oldest. We never bathed them together again after that.

I have a friend that has a boy and girl 23 months apart. She was still bathing them together when her oldest was 5, but they never paid any attention to their physical differences like my kids did.

I say as soon as they notice that they have different parts, you should stop bathing them together.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 8:29 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• i think whoever is 4 is too old.
    Anonymous

• I have a almost 5 y/o girl and a 3 y/o boy and a 1 y/o boy all 3 of them bathe together, the only issues we have is them splashing a little too much sometimes. it wont be long before the boys bathe together and daughter bathes alone.
    sarahdicksonjr

Answer by sarahdicksonjr at 8:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• If its a boy and girl id say when the oldest hits 3 years old.
    Anonymous

• They usually don't do anything in the bath but play with their own toys and argue with me about washing their hair or something like that, lol. They also don't make a big deal about their bodies either they know they're different. -op
    Anonymous

• 7
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• When they start getting curious about each other's body parts.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 9:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I think whenever they don't want to anymore. There is nothing sexual about them noticing the other ones gender... it's GOOD for them to know they are different. I think though that by the time they are 7 or 8 they should be taking their own shower or bath.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• The 4 year old should be learning to clean themself. So, they should probably be bathing alone. While it's good for them to know differences, it's also good that when they get to a certain age the clean themselves.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• My 1 1/2 yr old and 3 yr old bath together but my 5 yr old bathes alone.

So I think around 5 is good to do seperate baths. Mainly cuz thats when my oldest started causing troubles and getting the middle boy involved in the mischief LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:00 AM on Nov. 9, 2009