Do you feel that if a person swears it's because they lack the vocabulary to express themselves otherwise?

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 8:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• really it depends on the person, I dont swear regularly...but if I stub a toe or something I might let the F word out lol. I dont do it because I dont have another way to express myself, I do it as a reaction. So, no I feel it depends on the person and situations.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 9:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Lol- caitxrawks, I should just give you best answer right now!
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 9:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• No, I just feel that sometimes they are the most descriptive words available. I have a very large vocabulary but honestly its annoying when I use a word that I believe is fairly common and the person I am talking to doesn't know what it means. I often feel like I have to avoid words.

It also depends on what you hear. When I was working, it was a very nice place with educated people but there was a lot of swearing, it was the enviornment.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 9:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• not at all. however, i do feel if you can't contain yourself in public or certain situations you lack some common sense or respect
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• no
    Anonymous

• ROFL @ some of these answers!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• No way! Plenty of educated people swear. They do it because they want to or choose to.
    Anonymous

• I think most the time its out of frustration. Like when I hit my head on my own stupid car TWICE one night in the rain. My hood kinda fell over my eyes as I was leaning in to put groceries in the back seat. POW! Hit my head. "Crap!" I said, and continued on to the next bag. Hood falls as I'm leaning again..."OW! Dammit!" I said, pretty loudly. Then, head feeling like a bowling ball, I get in slam the door and wipe the funky wet mess of hair out of my eyes. Knowing I looked like a troll by this point. Make up running, as well, cuz my eyes teared up the 2nd time. Then, I swear to you, I hit the F@CKING BUGGY. If anyone had been in my car with me, they would have gotten an ear full!!! LOL
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Oh wow, I like that..."sentence enhancers!"
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 9:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I think that cursing is more of a "product of your environment" kind of thing. I know plenty of uneducated people that I've never heard swear and other highly intelligent people that curse all of the time. Personally, I used to swear a lot more than I do, mostly because I spent my time around people who spoke in much the same manner. I was pretty colorful and made rampant use of GD, F, MF and all of the other "serious" swears, lol. Now, I NEVER say GD under any circumstances and mostly say the F-word during sex, lol, or when I'm REALLY REALLY angry. I say damn, shit, and hell here and there, but I try to refrain from it all for the most part. I turn mundane words into swears, lol, like "SonofaCRACKER" (no racial reference intended, lol) or "Cheese & Crackers" ( I don't know where I got that from, nor why I seem to have this preference for the word "Cracker." Sometimes I'll slip and just spell the curse infront of the baby, lol
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:24 PM on Nov. 8, 2009