What is best FOR infant

What is the best thing to do or use for a infant 3 months old to use for congestion?

jae_hal

Asked by jae_hal at 9:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Time will make it better, I promise, but in the meantime, as the others have said: cool-mist humidifier, saline spray & nasal syringe just a couple times a day (I like the the Little Noses brand one for my itty bitty DS and you can wash the yuck out), and I always elevate their heads. My DS slept in his car seat when he got congested; helped with drainage, but you can achieve the same things with blankets or elevating the crib.
    Marti123

Answer by Marti123 at 12:08 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Saline drops and the good ol' nose plunger. :) They hate it, but it's the only thing you can do.
    Anonymous

• vaporizer ,put them in the bath room when you take a hot shower ,baby vicks on the chest ,saline drops ,
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• do not use ANY decongestants.. you can get some saline for the nose use it like once every 6 hours heres how
    get the infant saline spray it up one side of the nose with baby in arms cradled position count to 20 do the other side of the nose and then use a bulb syringe to suck out the nose--- I would not do this more frequently then 3-4 times a day there are some studies which show this actually increases the length of a cold rather then just wiping away the nose when it runs with just a tissues-- as for chest congestion I'd use a cool mist humidifier in babies sleep area
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• cool mist humidifier or steamed bathroom, saline drops help if the boogers are dry or are hard to remove with a cloth. the bulb syringe is helpful with the latter but most babies resist lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• breastmilk up the nose is better than saline it u have it!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Suction bulb, steam, vapo rub, if you're nursing, express a bit and drip it up their nose, saline spray, a humidifier. Currently, there are NO decongestants available over the counter for children under 2 years of age.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 11:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2009