Who should I tell?

I got an IUD almost 2 years ago. Friday I met a woman who had just given birth to a child while using an IUD. She had 4 years left on hers. If I had not had the IUD, I would have thought I was pregnant in early October, but it never crossed my mind. It didn't cross my mind until Friday when I met this woman, and she told me her story. With my first child, I lost about 15 lbs in the first 3 months, and didn't gain anything back until the last month of pregnancy. I ate constantly, had horrible acne, mood swings galore, and severe morning nausea. All but the nausea has returned... I can't relalistically take a test until this coming Friday. . . I mean I COULD but I'm not sure how accurate it would be... should I tell the potential father? Should I talk to anyone about this? Keep it to myself, and just carry the burden alone? I am a single mother of 1 and the possible father and I are no longer in a relationship, but are friends.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There's nothing to tell him until you get a positive test. Until then, you could stir things up for nothing.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 10:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I'd wait til I knew for sure if I was
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:33 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• You need to see a dr ASAP if you have an IUD and are pregnant, it could be an ectopic pregnancy... seek medical help now!
    sheriskidmore

Answer by sheriskidmore at 9:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• That's like screaming FIRE before there is one... Its not like you jhave to wait weeks, just keep it COMPLETELY to yourself intil you know for sure!!
    jenmay44me

Answer by jenmay44me at 12:06 AM on Nov. 9, 2009