i think i am depressed but dont want to take medication is there anything else i can do and i just have medical

shorty00207450

Asked by shorty00207450 at 9:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Health

• Is there someone you can talk to ? Maybe a counselor to help you deal with your depression. My best suggestion to you is to NOT handle it on your own. Confide in your SO , or a good family member. Try to remember that depression is not your fault but it is hard to deal with and cope.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 9:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• talk to someone-- if you have a church you belong to they ofter offer free services-- I did that for a while and I have to say even when in discussion if I disagreed with my Pastor he didnt get mad or PO or anything he just try to help me get to a point I was comfortable
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:42 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I take a fish oil supplement(takes up to 6wks to kick in). I played w/ the dose and I take 3x what the bottle says. With that I made it through my 3rd pregnancy & post pardom time for the first time w/out anti-depressents. Another thing you can do is exercise, arobic. When I went off my zoloft after my 2nd son I had to exercise 1hr daily till I evened out. Missing 1 day was like missing a pill. You can also see if sugar affects your moods, Potatoes Not Prozac, by Kathleen DesMaisons. You can also try Emotional Freedom Technique(EFT). Good luck, you CAN do this!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• it can also be related to a food sensitivity. look into nutritional response testing(I paid $45 for that)
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 10:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Shouldn't health questions be under Heath section.
    Anonymous

• a question is a question it dont have to be under anything but anyways um what i do is go to bed lay there and think of the most wonderful place id rather be and try to exit my self from the mood but thats up to you hun good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Nov. 9, 2009