Losing mucus plug?

This is my 4th so you would think I'd know but I've never paid attention before. I'm 37 weeks and keeping my eye out for it. How long after I lose it should I expect to go into labor. I'm really hopeing to keep this baby in til my due date or later but I know she'll come when she is ready.

crazymom21

Asked by crazymom21 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With my first, I lost my plug at 37 weeks and no labor by my C-section at 39 weeks. With my second, I lost my plug on Friday morning (and then even more of all day Saturday) and went into labor Saturday night, the day before my due date.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I lost my mucus plug only about 30mins before my water broke then my contractions started. Everyone is different though. Keep watch and good luck!!
    newlifewith3

Answer by newlifewith3 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• once you start dialating, the mucous plug will come out.

lost mine with all three pregnancies around 34weeks. and babies were 41,39 and 39ish weeks.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:47 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• i started losing mine at 5am and had her at 1:29pm
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 10:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• You will know the plug when you see it. It's not pretty. But yeah you could go ten minutes or ten days or 2 weeks later. It means things are headed in the right direction, but it could still take time. I walked around dialated 3 cm for 9 days.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 3:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I lost mine about and hour and a half b4 she was born.
    Anonymous