Does anyone have advise?

I am from Afghanistan and everyone i know mocks me for being a terrorist. my mom was a native there and my dad was an American. i moved here in the great country of America at the age of 16. i thought the people here would except me. Instead, i was mocked in High School for being a terrorist. Also, at my job i am mocked. i am afraid that when my kids grow up... they'll be mocked as well. any advise?

Christiqual

Asked by Christiqual at 9:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Rely on God to give you the patience and to pay no heed to the harsh words of strangers. For what men think has no matter upon what God thinks. Tell your children and yourself that you know you are not terrorists and no matter how many times someone says you are it is not true. As far as being harrassed at work you could take legal action. Being harrassed like this is innapropiate in any circumstance! God bless you and yours :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 10:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• rhanford said it nicely.
    Also, your children don't have to listen to it either. Religious discrimination is not accepted within public schools either.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:17 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• remind them that it's not the the country that are terrorists, but individuals. By mocking you, they are putting themselves in the same leagues as their "enemies" by terrorizing you.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I have no advise but I really detest that people are so ignorant that they would be jerks to you because of where you are from or what you believe instead of getting to know you. I had two friends in high school (twins) whose Dad was from Pakistan. After 9/11, everyone picked on them. They were two of the nicest, smartest, kindest girls in the school. I nearly got into a fist fight with some over kids over it.
    I wish you all the best for your family. May those who mock you learn to bite their tongues.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• This story sounds fake to me. Oh and check out Christiqual's profile. Just someone making up lies about Americans.
    Anonymous

• She is no longer a member here...just a drama starter apparently. You all had such good advice that was sadly wasted.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 10:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Can you spell p r o p a g a n d a ?

Anonymous

• I am so sorry for what you are dealing with.. I cannot even fathom or guess what it is like to be hurt that way. I guess the only advice I could give you is to locate others who have similar backgrounds for strength and support and if anybody gives you a bad time, you can either say something back to educate them or ignore them.. for they know not.
    Anonymous

• Chances are it's just some kid who wants to cause problems. CafeMom needs better screening when people sign up for this site. I haven't put up pictures of my daughter in forever, because of all the new people who come in and make posts like this.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• You don't believe that it actually happens? Are you kidding me?! Even if it was a fake, it does happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Nov. 9, 2009