What would you say to some random woman who told you how hot your SO was?

"OMG, your husband is so hot!" A woman where we pay a bill told me this. I said, "I know," and I left. On the way home, I started thinking she was an idiot. #1. I don't know her. We aren't friends. #2. She said, "so-in-so is always talking about how cute he is when he comes in. We don't hit on him or anything though." Are you serious, lady? Do I look worried? But to say these women are always checking out DH then adding, "we don't hit on him" sounds like a big fat lie to me, even if its not. #3 and most important....I am bipolar and I have ADD and PTSD (ALL kinds of crazy, basically). I'm like a loaded weapon. Had I been having a bad day, I could've yanked her over the counter and stomped on her face. I know sometimes its a compliment, but this was weird. The other women were acting embarrassed, like they'd been caught doing something. You can't just go around saying random stuff like that to women you don't know!

Katlyne120806

Asked by Katlyne120806 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Surely she meant it as a compliment, although it wasn't very well thought out or she probably wouldn't have said it. Or, you could always say "Yeah, but he makes the most god awful faces when he's having an orgasm" and walk away. You could also hang around long enough to see the shock on her face and have a good laugh about it later.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Yeah it's inappropriate she is at her place of business. You could go to a supervisor and complain. I would never say that to someone I did not have a personal relationship with
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 10:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I would take it as a compliment. I use to work for this one lady a few years ago who had the hots for my husband. She was telling me all the time how good looking he was. I took it as a compliment until she asked me one day how someone like me got a guy like that. Gee, thanks!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I love when my husband gets hit on, and the hotter the girl the better. I like when people tell me he's hot. When they do i say, "Thanks! I think so too!" and walk away with my head held high. I know my husband isnt going anywhere, no matter what the temptation.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 10:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• And i dont think its inappropriate. I think its a compliment. If they were talking about him in a trashy way, i still wouldnt mind, really, but it would be professionally inappropriate.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 10:29 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I would've responded the same way and would've probably felt the same way........What I wish you had said was "Thanks, but if I was having a bad day I would pull you over the counter and stomp your face in, lol!" That was pretty disrespectful of her.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Yeah...I'm in the thinking that if there is a man who's married even if you think he's hot you do not tell his wife. Only an immature fool would be that stupid. Why oogles married men then tells the wife? Do you want to get your teeth kicked in?
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 10:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• It would piss me the hell off, like ya, I know he's hot, that's why I married him, so back off!! I had a "friend" who would always tell me how good looking her ex was and how much she cared about him, then tell me how much my hubby looked like him, she tried to hook-up with him behind my back. I used to be all jaded about it, not anymore, my hubby loves me, but I totally get what you mean. They shouldn't be saying things like that, I think it's disrespectful for another woman to hit on/check out your husband infront of you, it shows she has no respect for you or your relationship.
    It doesn't matter whether she knows you or not, a relationship is special, a marriage is sacred, so tell that hussy to back off!!
    Anonymous

That's what I meant by inappropriate. I said she is st her place of business. I personally wouldn't care if some random stranger said that to me about my dh. Like you said I am not worried about him taking off because she said he is cute, but at work saying something like that to a customer is not a good idea
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 10:33 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I would take it as a compliment but tell the broad not to flatter herself because even if she did hit on him, I know he's not going anywhere. She said it to you in a completely disrespectful way. Some women are vindictive and get off on trying to make other women feel insecure. It's sick but it's a fact. It just shows her self-esteem isn't all there and you should pity her lol. If there were no such thing as consequences I'd say tell her to shut the F up and jump kick her in the face lol jk (sort of!)
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2009