Is a 3 year old to young to go to a PG movie?

I would love to take my 3 year old daughter to see Disney's a Christmas Carol. I didn't know if anyone has seen it yet. Was it to scary for a 3 year old? Also does anyone know if PG is okay to take a 3 year old? I know G is perfect but wasn't quite sure about the PG. Thanks for you advice in advance :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Entertainment

• I say 3 is too young, and it's not that so animated a kid, especially at that age can tell, and I doubt a 3 yr old would really get the story. I'd buy Mickeys Christmas Carol from Target, I got it for $10! My 4 yr old might not get the story, but it has cartoon characters, so she'll be more into it. I didn't even bother taking her to see Where the WIld Things Are.
    KrhMsh

Answer by KrhMsh at 10:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I think 3 is too young
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 11:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• No way, my 3 yr old loves all types of cartoon movies! I will be taking her to see the movie. :) I think it's up to the parent. If your DD can't handle it you can always leave.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't take a 3 year old to see it to be honest. It seems to be a more mature version, probably closer to the original. Mickey Mouse, The Muppets, and the Flintstones all have excellent adaptions of A Christmas Carol that might be better for her age.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• my daughter is 3 years and 4 months. she's been to bolt, Up, cloudy with a chance of meatballs and monsters VS aliens. wed. night we're going to the christmas carol with her! she's free at all the theaters around here, take advantage. the look on a childs face during their 1st movie is priceless.

i truly do NOT understand people thinking 3 is too young.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I have taken my now 5 y/o to PG movies it depends on what the movie is, some versions of christmas carol are dark, I would suggest you pull up the traiers online and see what you can find on you tube to make a judgement for yourself. I dont think 3 is too young if it is a movie you know they can handle, for example my daughter has seen both transformers movies in the theater, she loves bumblebee so we took her with us and she LOVED it, but i had other moms tell me i was crazy to take her. She has been a movie goer since age 2, I did put my foot down on harry potter because of the story line I thought it would be boring so we went to the drive in which does double movies the first one was the kids movie G force then she fell asleep before harry potter started and we were able to watch it and not worry that she would need to leave the theater.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:47 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Answered at 11:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 by: hibbingmom

Not all of us like to take our children to PG movies without first seeing them ourselves. There's some things that I like to view before letting my child. I don't know why it's PG, it's A Christmas Carol...it makes me curious.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:49 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I will be taking my 3 year old if he dont like it then walk out
    michellej135

Answer by michellej135 at 1:16 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I wouldn't take any of my kids to the movies (way too overpriced) but my 3yo watches all sorts of stuff at home. Some of her favorite movies are rated PG or PG13.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:27 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• take advantage of free stuff while u can, ladies! once they get much older than 3 ... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:48 AM on Nov. 9, 2009