2 Q'S, HOW TO COOK A TURKEY? I NEED A YUMMY STUFFING RECIPE?

THIS THANKSGIVING I AM MAKING MY 1ST TURKEY AND I AM STUFFING THE TURKEY!

ahawes

Asked by ahawes at 10:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I buy the Mrs. Cubbinson I think that's how the name is but it does start with the letter C and it has a face of a little old lady and I just follow the recipe from the back of the box you have to add butter, onion and celery it's yummy.

As for the turkey, it don't look like the turkey's on the picture but it comes out very very juicey and good.

I take one of them oven bags I put the turkey in it a night before seson it with whatever sesonings I have I sometimes inject sesonings I put peices of butter on the skin and in the cavity it marinates over nite, I cook it breast down that way while the turkey is cooking the breast cooks in it's own juices, depending on it's size I cook it anywere from 3-5 hours and then it just falls of the bone, as for stuffing it the way I cook it the stuffing just gets to soggy, so I do the stuffing in the oven according to the instructions on the box.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I dont put stuffing in my turkey, but i make a great pan of cornbread dressing if you would like the recipe! PM me. As for the turkey, I make mine by loosening the skin on the turkey and putting sprigs of rosemary up between the skin and the meat. Then I rub the outside with Mrs Dash italian seasoning. No need for oils or butters, the skin has enough oil to crisp up on its own. I bake it, uncovered, til a instant read thermometer reads 180 in the thigh. If the turkey starts to brown too quickly you can tent it with foil (loosely) during the last part of cooking. But I do recommend a thermometer you can stick in the thigh (deepest part, beween the leg and thigh but not touching a bone) and set a timer for when it reaches 180. you can get those thermometers at places like walmart or bed bath and beyond for about $15.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Turkey bags are a life and time saver, you dont have to cook them as long and you wont find yourself withyour head in the oven basting it constantly and the plus side is the turkeys always turn out nicely. I make the stuffing on the stove.

Most turkeys now come with the red button that pops out so you know its done, so even cooking in the bag you have a gauge to go by. I also found I had better turkey juice to make gravy with when using a bag, somehow when i didnt use a bag there wasnt quite as much and the flavor of the gravy never came out right.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:29 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• get fresh rosemary, thyme, oregan, and garlic chop it mix it together and ass a lot of butter and stuff it under the skin of the turkey.
    fill the pan with a box of chicken STOCK
    cover the turkey with foil and let it cook for 3 hours DONT open the foil after 3 hours check it now and then to make sure its done
    When the turkey is done 180 degrees let it set for 30 min you will have a juicier turkey ( put foil over it)
    Cut the turkey thick it will be juicier and cook the stuffing with the juice from the turkey it will be the same and you can also make homemade gravy from the juice
    michellej135

Answer by michellej135 at 12:36 AM on Nov. 9, 2009