How many naps is your baby taking?

My baby boy is 17 months old he is taking two naps every 3 hours, but 2 days ago he is no falling asleep so easy in the second one, if he don't sleep that nap he is cranky in the afternoon. He takes the first one at 10am to 11am and the second one at 2:00pm and he is going to bed at 7:30PM untill 7:00am.
What do you do for make the tansicion more easy?
please HELP :(!!!

Betukamom

Asked by Betukamom at 11:48 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My toddler basically told me when it was time to change his schedule. The nap he wanted to drop was the one that would take 45 minutes to get him down for! He also wouldn't stay asleep for more than 30 or 40 minutes.
    Right around 21 months, he decided that he didn't need two naps: For awhile, he too his nap in the morning, for about two hours. In the last couple weeks, he's worked himself from a late morning nap to an early afternoon nap. Usually it'll last about two hours. During this transition period, it's been common to have him going to bed at six or six thirty. His scheduled bedtime is seven pm but we put him down earlier if his nap was shorter or he just seems to need a little more sleep.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 12:07 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Well if he is cranky in the afternoon then you might need to lay him down for bed a like at 6:30/7pm. If he stops wanting to take the later nap, I would take away the first one and give him his lunch at 11/11:30 then put him down at 11:30/12 and let him sleep until 2:30/3pm.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• He is one year old and he takes one goes to sleep anywere from 12-2 and for about 2-4 hours and goes to bed at night 7:30-8:30 and wakes up at 9 am
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:07 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• My toddlers took one nap per day in the afternoon. When they were babies (before a year) they took two.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• my son stopped taking 2 naps at 13 months.. he would just end up crying for the whole hour at his 9am nap... so we just stopped and he took to it fast, but 1 nap for an hour is what he takes now and its clearly not enough but he WILL NOT sleep longer or more often.. he's a fighter.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• My oldest stopped taking two naps at 15 months. At that time he started taking just one at noon and slept until 3. He now (will be 3 this month) goes down around 12 and 1 and sleeps for 2 hours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• My son is a year old and has been taking one nap since he was 10-11months. (He's 13 months now) He takes his nap at 1 to 3:00, sometimes to 4:00. I suggest keeping your son up longer in the morning and letting him take a nap later in the day. This will allow him to use up energy and really take a good nap. Then he is less likely to be cranky in the afternoon.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:50 AM on Nov. 9, 2009