What are the chances??

Of getting pregnant after having your tubes tied?? I'm thinking about doing it, but just like my other children, my dr doesn't want to talk about bc now, he wants to wait until I'm in the final couple of weeks. I'd rather get info and talk about it now so I can make a more informed decision.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Health

• Why don't you google it? The chances of you getting a more accurate answer are greater. Or I mean if you really want a precise answer wait to talk to your doctor. Knowing the chances of getting pregnant after a tubal are not going to make you sound any more or less informed when you are discussing it with your doctor.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:44 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• They're about the same as condoms - not very high, but the chance is there, and if you do, the chance of it being ectopic is high. Also, if you're considering a tubal, you have to have the consult with the surgeon (if your own dr isn't doing it) ahead of time - most insurances & whatnot require a certain amount of time after the consult before it can be done - I had to consult at least 2 months in advance but no more than 5, or my insurance wouldn't pay for it. Push your doctor to talk about it, or get your referral to a surgeon or whatever, so you have all your ducks in a row before the time comes. If he wants to wait to talk, and says 2 weeks before your baby's born that he'll do the tubal while you're in the hospital, that doesn't give you long to think about it & decide - what if you do it and regret it later? You woulnd't have adequate time to decide. He needs to be open about it all NOW, or you need to find a new doc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Nov. 9, 2009