Does anyone have a child that runs a high fever & turns bright red after being outside even for 15-20 min??

Anytime I take my toddler outside for longer that 15 min he will turn bright red & run a fever of 101.6. His temp does go back to normal after I bring him back inside it usally takes about 30 min. His doctor is stumped. If anyone has a clue please help!! THANKS!!

Asked by lissaleigh72 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Health

• I would say he is starting to get heat stroke. Keep him in the shade, give him lost of cold water to drink, and make sure you keep sunscreen on him. Some people are just more sensitive to the changes in temperature than others.

Answer by sapient at 5:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Get a new Doctor.!!! Sounds like your kid dosnt drink enough water and is dehydrated. thats why he overheats. Or he could not be sweating at all which is a serious medical condition, and again....get a new Dr.

Answer by vbruno at 6:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I agree find a new Dr. Most Docs I know would be checking to see if his hypothalamus is working properly ( regulates body function such as temps , BP etc..

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• My oldest gets red cheeks has for as long as I rember. Always take drinks out with you and make sure to keep an eye on him when he starts to get pink have him sit and drink some water in the shade. If he does not cool down take him in side and give him a bath. After every out side play I give my son a bath to cool off. Whatch to make sure he is not getting into anything that he could be having a reaction to some kind of plant or a bug bite.