is it bad to crave water

im just asking cause i have heard its cause your baby aint gettin what it needs but i have been drinking water like its my air

brittanymomma

Asked by brittanymomma at 12:25 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• water is great for you. thats a good thing!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:26 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I've heard that when a person is thirsty it's because they are dehydrated and need water...either way keep drinking that water! you'll need more since you are preg anyways.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 12:29 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• lol ...hey it's definitly good for you. However, i would just let the doctor know because gestational diab.causes you to drink ALOT... Im sure ur prolly fine. I drink about 70oz a day or try to..not too much but a little water never hurt. It keeps you from over eating.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 7:24 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• i have been so thirsty and i read in my pregnancy book by sheila kirtzinger to just always drink to thirst. i drink a lot but still feel thirsty.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:15 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Drink, drink, drink!!! Drink until your pee is clear. If you are still thirsty after your pee is clear, then you may have gestational diabetes and need to discuss this with your midwife or ob. Good Luck and drink up.
    kristinas8

Answer by kristinas8 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 9, 2009