If you live in PA-

how much do you pay on average for your utilities? Its been a few years since I've had to pay mine and I am curious because I would like to move. SO seems to think they will be astronomical and I disagree. Assuming we would pay everything BUT water, sewer, and garbage- can you give me an estimate?

brodysmama23

Asked by brodysmama23 at 12:34 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• Carlisle-
    Condo with 3 bedrooms, washer and dryer, all that, with all our electronics and stuff...I think in the winter it gets to about $125 for electric. Maybe $180 but that sounds too high, though it may have spiked when we doubled up on dehumidifiers and stuff...
    Other than that, there's only water and rent, utility-wise. Comcast sucks, but that's about $108.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 1:44 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• My uncle is a senior citizen and the home is in his name. He qualifies for a few programs for the elderly...if he didn't our electric would be 180 and our gas about 200. Our phone, cable, and internet is 200. We also pay water and sewer every three months...which is 120
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:48 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Water through American Water Co. = $60/mo
    Sewage through borough = $50/mo
    Electric through Allegheny Power = $250/mo
    Gas through Equatable Gas = $150/mo
    Garbage = $95/year

Hope that helps! We are in SWPA and there are 5 of us with hot water heat. So it will vary from area to area because each company has their own rates, but it will be around the same.

Oh, we have cable, phone and internet through Comcast for $65/mo

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:51 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I live in Northeast Philadelphia but I could walk to Bucks County cause its literally across the street.

Peco Electric = 106
    PGW Gas = 134

Cavalier Phone/Internet = $80 (unlimited local & long distance, all features like voicemail, call waiting, caller id, non published number, etc

Comcast Cable = $115 (no movie channels but ALL kids channels)

Water & Garbage = Averages about $50 a month

I am a stay at home mom with two kids so my lights, tv, computer are ALWAYS on and we cook atleast 5 nights week. The cost isnt so bad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Nov. 9, 2009