My son doesnt like formula.

He is 11 mnths old n doesnt want to drink formula from his bottle at all during the day. Sometimes ill get him to drink a 8 ounce before bed and then 1-2 bottles during the night..*sometimes*... I know he needs to drink his formula but i dont think he likes it. I dnt know what to do.

mj.mania

Asked by mj.mania at 12:41 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He doesn't really "need" to drink his formula. He's almost 1yrs. If he is self weaning i don't think it's something to be overly concerned about.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:44 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I think he's fine. He'll be off formula in a mth anyways. Keep giving him what he will take and give him water with his baby food if he won't take formula. Have you put formula in a sippy for him during meals? Maybe that would make a difference...Good luck; don't worry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Have you tasted formula? It's pretty nasty... I don't think I would want to drink it if I didn't have to either lol.

He's close enough that you can just give him whatever he will take.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:47 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I know that most will say to give him regular milk at past one year, but could he be close enough? My daughter also hated any type of formula. She was breast feed the first year. I tried to stop sooner, (about 10 months old) because I was pregnant again and felt like stopping would help the tiredness (it didn't). Anyway she flat out refused to drink, not only any type of formula, but any type of cows milk too. I finally did my homework and she has only drank RAW cows milk. She absolutally loves it. This is milk that comes straight from the cow, never heated. I know you may think this is nuts, but check it out. www.realmilk.com I also hear that RAW goats milk is even better than RAW cows milk. Other than that make sure he is getting a lot of whole fresh fruits and veggies and green leafy lettuces (spinach, etc.). This will give him great stuff that is also in milk. Dried figs are great source of Calcium. Good luck!
    Noble_One

Answer by Noble_One at 12:53 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• If he's weaning from the breast, I'd skip the formula, and honestly, I'd skip the bottle too. He's more than old enough for a sippy cup, put regular milk in it, or breastmilk if you can still pump some. No need to make him drink formula for only a month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I think if you plan on using formula at all, you have to start really early. but if you're breastfeeding, not too early or it could mess up your milk production.
    KingKai0517

Answer by KingKai0517 at 12:56 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• You can try giving him whole milk. He's almost 1.

He shouldn't be taking bottles at all at night anymore, especially formula. It's very bad for his teeth. If the bottle is a comfort thing for him, try switching to water at night so it doesn't damage his teeth.
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 1:02 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• At a year you're supposed to stop formula anyway. But, since the bottle weaning process sucks to begin with, maybe try to switch to a sippy cup with either formula or whole milk, and see what happens?
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 1:29 AM on Nov. 9, 2009