Have your kids ever found some or all of the presents you hid away for Christmas?

Just curious.
My boys have found a few of the things that i'll be giving them for Christmas. And i don't believe in lying so when they ask me what they are for i tell them i'm giving them away to friends for Christmas. I just conveniently leave out that the friends i am speaking of is THEM! lol.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 12:43 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We don't do the Santa thing...it's really pointless because she keeps seeing the mall Santa and has figured it out.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:53 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Every year they find their gifts. D'oh! Maybe I should change my under the bed hiding place lol.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 12:48 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Nope never I am very good at hiding things, my favorite hiding spot one year was my daughters closet lol, I used a box that held hand me downs she hadnt grown into yet it worked great. One year I even had my DH carry his own gift in the house and he had no clue lol. What can i say I am sneaky.

However my boys know not to go looking for their gifts because i might just take them back (not that i ever would but hey if the threat works then yeah for me)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:51 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• My middle son (7 year old) asked the other day if their presents were in my closet. We don't do Santa for the older boys anymore, so I said, "maybe, but why?" He said he didn't want to go in there if they were. Uh huh, I bet. So I put this mannequin head I used at beauty school right on top of the sacks I covered with a sheet. He's scared of it. LOL. The presents are safe, now!
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 1:24 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• thank goodness hubby has a lot of stuff in the garage...the kids never look through that stuff.
    MichelleJ1000

Answer by MichelleJ1000 at 1:48 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Not yet. It helps that family ships in presents from out of town the week leading up to it. He's so busy wondering what's in the giant UPS boxes it never occurs to him there might be other stuff hidden around the house. We may be in trouble this year if they do more gift cards than boxes, though.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:57 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I'm going to have to remember that trick lol. My daughter is only 3 so she is only just understanding the idea of Santa Claus. I actually buy most of her gifts while she is with me, although this will probably be the last year I can get away with that. I do remember as a kid looking for the list of gifts (my parents hid our presents at our grandparents' homes) because I am so freaking neurotic that I can't stand not knowing, it's a control thing I guess.
    nikspineapple

Answer by nikspineapple at 6:47 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• my son is 4, not yet.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:15 AM on Nov. 9, 2009