What's your Christmas budget this year?

Mine is 600

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 12:51 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Christmas to us isn't all about presents. Of course we buy for our families and our children, but the budget is a lot tighter for Christmas for certain reasons. We give back to our community and buy presents to donate to charities. This year will be the first year we'll have our almost 3 year old daughter pick her own toys to donate.
    We also don't do Santa Claus and the whole bit, we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ and that's the real reason for this holiday to us. I understand everyone celebrates differently, but that's how we do it.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 4:38 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• $800 for each child, that's all we can afford this year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• However much the stuff she wants costs....she only wants like 3 things...boots, sneakers, and a shirt lol
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:54 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• that is about what mine is, we normally spend about 200 per kid but this year i am trying to spend less since its a tight year. Next year I know it will be better the cars will be paid off and i can splurge a little bit :)

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:54 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• why do i sense that 1st anon is on here tryng to make people feel low
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• $150 plus sales tax and shipping. And to anon :56 do you think I'm trying to make people feel high?
    Or is it hard to just let people be what they are....?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• i can only afford one cheep thing for my DD
    :( and its gonna be her first christmas
    hopfully after i get out of school i can afford more
    it kinda makes me depressed that i can't get her more
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 12:58 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• All told, including my own kids - hopefully no more than $400. I wish I could spend even $100 on each of my kids, but I'll be lucky if I can spend $30 on each :(.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I'm anon :53. I'm not trying to make anybody feel low. I answered the question. Our BUDGET for xmas is $800 for each child and yes that is all I can afford. I wish I had more to spend on them. I would buy them the world if I could.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• for the moms who are on a tight budget I started hitting the clearance at walmart and target already and have done really well and with walmart lowering the toys to 10 I have found some amazing deals.

19bubbles91 I can honestly tell you that they will not remember, my parents went all out for my sons 1st xmas and it was crazy he was overwhelmed, he had two toys he truly loved and i had to open the rest becuase he lost interest. The important thing is that you are doing your best and spending the time with your baby :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:05 AM on Nov. 9, 2009