Christmas songs on the Radio already?

Earlier when we was in the car there were radio stations playing Christmas songs. Is it just me or is it a bit to soon to be playing them? I can understand playing them AFTER Thanksgiving but now, what the heck?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 1:16 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We have a station here in Tulsa, Oklahoma that plays nothing but Christmas songs the whole month of December. It is really really really annoying!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:19 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I guess I should mention that it is normally a station that plays pop music and is actually my favorite station to listen to otherwise!! lol
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:20 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• It gets uber annoying because they don't even play half good Christmas tunes here. Most of the time it's the same Mariah Carey and 98 Degrees crap that you thought died with the 90s being played.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:22 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• We were at Target on Halloween and they were already playing Christmas music, lol. One of suburbs near us already has Christmas decorations up on all the light posts. Every store we were in was decked out in Christmas attire. I actually saw them putting Christmas stuff up at the beginning of October at the same time they put up the Halloween stuff.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:23 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I think any time in November is fine. But then again I love love love Christmas. I love the festive, happy feeling I get from Christmas season. I don't go all out and decorate yet but i did listen to some christmas music yesterday for about 15 minutes.

I mean, Christmas is only like 7 weeks away. That's not ridiculous to listen to Christmas music that early.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• grr. this stupid behavior makes me despise christmas! its my belief that christmas should start AFTER thanksgiving. so now walmart has the christmas stuff up already, and nothing for thanksgiving. they started halloween crap early sept. Im so annoyed with this! i dont want any christmas festivities until dec 5th at least! by the time christmas actually gets here, i am so ready for it to be over!
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 1:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Wal-Mart here had the Christmas decor up shortly after the back to school stuff left...it was an aisle or so of Halloween and then BAM Merry Christmas!
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:51 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I have noticed that Wal-Mart doesn't have as much decorations as they did last year. There is a lot more online then in the store. Anyone notice this?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:53 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• You are obviously going to the wrong Wal-Mart....an entire wing of the store here is dedicated to Christmas.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:08 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

You missed the point in my previous statement. I was stated that there is not as many items as there were last year in the local Wal-Mart, from yard decorations to home decor.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:15 AM on Nov. 9, 2009