What did you use when your baby was teething? Baby orajel, Hylands tablets?? What thing did you most find useful?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tylenol and a cold teething ring. I also would rub her gums with a cold wet washcloth.
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:18 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Tylenol and pressing on her gums with my finger or letting her bite on my finger. I tried the hylands and it didn't do a damn thing (I'm super natural minded, and didn't want to give my baby tylenol) I didn't try orajel because I was nursing. They can still feel that something is going on beneath the surface and it makes them bite harder.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:20 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Frozen teething rings- there's ones that are stuffed animal-like things with the cold stuff on the ends, so that their little hands don't freeze off, and there are extra textures. Those are good. I heard that orajel toughens their gums so I stopped using it. Don't know if that's true though.
    if your baby is old enough, there are slow melt mighty mini popscicles that are tiny enough for babies and they don' t make a mess. I swear by them. With all of our sickness here lately, we wake up with one, since I figure, if my throat hurts, it'll help his, too.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 1:26 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Tylenol and safe things to chew on. Numbing gels will numb their whole mouth & throat and piss them off, and tablets just didnt' do anything for my kids. I'd give a dose of tylenol before bed to help them sleep and that was it. Cold washcloths, soft/rubbery toys to chew on during the day. A sippy cup with a soft spout filled with ice water was a favorite of 2 of my kids too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• a wash cloth, dampened and then frozen. at night we would give her teething tablets. and if she was really fussy an everything else was ok-we would give tylenol. i really think the teething tablets helped her get her teeth faster than without. she had all her teeth by 14 months. and it would only take a day or 2 for them to break thru the gums.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 1:43 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I love this Gentle Naturals teething liquid. It worked wonders and better than tylenol with my son and babysitting kids. Ive only found it at target or walgreens. I also use teething rings.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 1:47 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• The Teething Tabs worked wonders for my three!
    Jezture

Answer by Jezture at 1:55 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Tylenol, and in the kids dental hygine section they have these baby brushes that fit on your finger they have little ripples on them, I rubbed his gums with that and he loooved it
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:29 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Teething tablets if needed, but usually the teeth were in before we knew they were even coming.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:06 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Baltic Amber teething necklace was better than any of the medications I tried out there.... didn't need any more meds after we got one of these
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:31 AM on Nov. 9, 2009