girls who are with eachother a lot get there periods at the same time?!

so i was telling my friend how it was weird that i got my period early. and she was telling me how if two girls are around each other a lot and use the same bathroom it lets out some kind of hormone that makes both girls periods come at the same time. this is really weird to me but she's going to school for her career in the medical field so i kind of believe it. anyone know if this is true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Health

• It's totally true. I don't think you even have to use the same bathroom. I spent all my days after school with two friends when I was a freshman in high school. One day it hit us that we were all on our periods at the same time, which we never had been before. After that, every month at the same time we'd be asking each other for tampons lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:29 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I have heard that before. Especially about women who live in the same house together. But I am not sure if its true or not
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:30 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I've heard this before and it's happened to me twice. I lived with my one girlfriend in college and my period changed with hers. Then after I moved out I moved in with a different friend and my period followed hers...I don't get it. Weird thing is their periods never changed, mine just followed them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Anon :30, they say that the "leader" in this instance is usually the woman with the most dominant personality... are you maybe a little shy and timid... kind of a follower?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:31 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I have several friends who call me to find out when my started so they have a heads up lol, we all cycle within a week of each other its crazy but i have always found it to be true.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:34 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• All true.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Yes very true! At the some time or with in a week of each other.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:38 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• even on bc my period meshed with my sisters. now, im with my neighbor (who i happen to hang with a lot), and we dont use the same toilet.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 1:40 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• No Ati I'm definitely not a follower. I dislike followers(guess my period has a different opinion on that) You are right about being shy, though. I'm very introverted and reserved in every aspect of my life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Anon, that's very interesting. And I had a feeling you would say that. Dunno how. lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:47 AM on Nov. 9, 2009