Do you donate money or gifts for Christmas? Or volunteer during the holidays?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no...but i wish i was in a financial position to do so.
    But my moms company donates a lot to the local Boys and Girls club and I was thinking of helping out at the even they are putting on..
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:59 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Yeah we donated $1000 in gifts and gift cards last year.
    We didn't get a single thank you.
    I'm not sure if we'll ever do that again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Really anon? Who did you donate the gifts to?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I don't do it at Christmas because it seems like so many people do it at this time of year and not at other times of year. We donate food to our local food pantry more from February-October when it seems like they have a greater need for it. I think whenever or however you volunteer or donate is a wonderful thing.
    Anonymous

• Answered at 1:29 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Yeah we donated $1000 in gifts and gift cards last year.
    We didn't get a single thank you.
    -------------------------------------------------------

UGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IT'S NOT ABOUT THE THANK YOU! IT'S ABOUT HELPING PEOPLE! MY GOD!

Every year we donate food, time, money, and gifts. We volunteer and donate year round though because people don't just need October-December.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:45 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I'd like to donate some used toys...I wouldn't mind getting used toys but this year we're sticking to books/educational material for my child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I buy 4 toys every 2 weeks from Jan.-Nov. and donate them to Toys For Tots in November.Year round we buy canned/boxed/bagged foods that are specifically for donating, diapers & baby wipes, baby food, formula and inexpensive baby toys and personal hygeine products every month and donate them to a local Catholic church (even though we are Jewish). We also buy jackets & children's clothes year round & buy brand new childrens shoes that are on sale (for under $5 a pair or buy one pair get one free deals....we buy for ourselves and then donate the 2nd pair) and donate those to the church as well. I don't know who gets the items we donate and I don't need thanks. We do it because we can and I cannot imagine not doing something with what G-d has blessed us with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• yes yes and yes!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 4:47 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I don't have much but I try to keep my pockets full of loose change for the Salvation Army kettles....it's a great way to teach my daughter that giving can be fun as well as worthwhile. Plus we pick a child off the Angel Tree and buy 1 toy and 1 outfit. I wish I could afford to do more for more kids but I do do what I can.
    nikspineapple

Answer by nikspineapple at 6:37 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I donate small amounts of money to different things throughout the year, depending if we have the money or not. I like donating food stuffs more than anything. A few days ago there were a few people outside of the commissary asking for donations of food for Thanksgiving. Basically they give a small list of the kind of specific items accepted and make boxes of food to drop off to the lower income military families. We have received that twice and although I am separated from my spouse who is still in the military, it's still important for me to give back to the same organizations who have helped my family. We had two great Thanksgiving meals because of their work and help and the donations of others. A great reason to be thankful. We weren't the most thankful for the food. We were the most thankful for the people who did something to help whether it be volunteering or donating. I'd like to do the same for others this year.
    AmandaI1021

Answer by AmandaI1021 at 7:11 AM on Nov. 9, 2009