how do u mend low self asteem?

I have low self asteem and I am looking to hear from people who considered themselves to have had low self asteem, but have worked through it. what did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Health

• figure out what the cause is. for me, its becuase i dont look the way i did when i was younger. ive gained a lot of weight, so im working on it. im 22 lbs lighter and i feel a lot better about myself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I told my cause he needed to leave....
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:02 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I used to be 287 pounds felt like crap lost over 100 pounds I was 182 pounds felt soooooo much better and even my hubby noticed that I was happier, I got prego gained 60-70 pounds now I feel like blah again, did get a gym membership working on it now
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:22 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Going to therapy has done wonders for me. By working with a good therapist, you get at the root cause of why your self esteem is so low, and learn how to switch your thinking around. I am now better able to advocate for myself and combat defeatist thinking, both of which were huge stumbling blocks for me.

"I told my cause he needed to leave...." HA!!! I *love* that answer!
    kestrelscall

Answer by kestrelscall at 10:33 AM on Nov. 9, 2009