Merry CHRISTmas or Happy Holidays?

I was looking at rugs and noticed there was only ONE that said Merry CHRISTmas the rest said Happy Holidays or Seasons Greetings. I was shocked actually. Anyone notice this?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 1:51 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I didn't notice but I'm for MERRY CHRISTMAS
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:19 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I noticed...not everyone in America is Christian and not everyone celebrates Christmas. So they need to make welcome mats for everyone. There's no Happy Hanukkah or Happy Kwanza mats, so people need something. Plus, some people have family of varying religions and cultures, so they just want everyone to feel special.

OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:54 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I ALWAYS go with Happy Holidays now. People are so easily offended and I really don't know everyones religious beliefs nor do I care, but I would never want to offend somebody so Happy Holidays is the best alternative.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• ^^ It also covers everything...that way if you forget this week begins Hanukkah you won't feel shitty not having your Hanukkah mat.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:57 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Happy Holidays or Season Greetings here as they haven't made Merry Yule or Winter Solstice mats yet :D
    Jezture

Answer by Jezture at 1:57 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Happy holidays because I am not Christian and I don't celebrate Christmas. I celebrate Chanukah and I know that most people don't celebrate it so I don't wish everyone I meet a Happy Chanukah. Happy holidays covers it.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:59 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I noticed...not everyone in America is Christian and not everyone celebrates Christmas.

Then why celebrate the holiday or purchase items that pertain to it? The majority of people are Christian and thanks to the minorities they are having to deal with the lack of Christmas themed items.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:00 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• i agree with ronjwake....
    whats the point in celebrating if u dont believe in christ???!?!?!?!?!?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Answered at 2:00 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 by: ronjwake
    I noticed...not everyone in America is Christian and not everyone celebrates Christmas.

------------------------------------------------

Some of us "minorities" actually get into the real spirit of the holiday for one, for another, some of us like to let the welcome mats out from Thanksgiving until Three Kings, so we need it to cover more than one day of the year. There is definitely not a lack of Christmas themed items. There's generally a large portion of the store dedicated to Christmas. Yet, there's usually a small section for the other holidays like Hanukkah and Three Kings.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:07 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I don't believe in Christ but I celebrate it to give my children a fair shot. Who really gives a shit. If you have a problem with it get some custom made items that say Merry Christmas. Jesus Christ am I the only who thinks anymore?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Nov. 9, 2009