are fabric shower curtain liners better than the plastic ones?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• we had a fabric one that supposedly repelled water but it didnt work very well..it was always a little bit soggy. it got mildewy eventually too, so we just switched back to plastic.

LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 2:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• the way I see it is....

fabric maybe is cleaner since you can wash 'em

BUT

The plastic ones you can buy a clear liner which is like .99 at walmart and replace them whenever they get scummy

hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I use both.. a plastic liner to the inside so the fabric doesnt get wet, and the fabric on the outside because I think just a plastic one looks cheap. That way I can replace the plastic one when it needs replacing, and wash the fabric one less often.

LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 3:22 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• They are safer and easier to wash.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:15 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I prefer the fabric ones over plastic. I hate having to constantly replace the plastic ones. I would much rather wash the fabric ones.
    A.Day

Answer by A.Day at 6:56 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I've always washed plastic shower curtain liners. I put them, alone, in the washing machine with a normal amount of detergent and a cup of bleach and wash them on warm. I even put them in the dryer just for a minute or two to soften before I hang them back up in the shower.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:03 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Quote LuminousMom

I use both.. a plastic liner to the inside so the fabric doesnt get wet, and the fabric on the outside because I think just a plastic one looks cheap. That way I can replace the plastic one when it needs replacing, and wash the fabric one less often.

jmsbowtie

Answer by jmsbowtie at 7:42 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Does the fabric liner stay wet all the time,though? Well, I guess the plastic ones are wet, too.... I have never used a fabric liner, always a plastic liner with a fabric curtain. What is safer about a fabric liner? Now you have me curious!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:45 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I've never heard of a fabric LINER, only fabric curtain with plastic liner... guess I gotta get out more?
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:02 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I also use both. Fabric on the outside and plastic liner on the inside so the fabric doesn't get wet. I throw both of them in the wash and they come out fine. I will buy a new plastic liner whenever it's needed.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 8:42 AM on Nov. 9, 2009