Why is GM spending $14Million in Europe

Apparently the bankrupt, taxpayer saved Government Motors has decided to take nearly 14million of their bailout money and spend it in EUROPE to modernize their opel factories!!!!!

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!! If they do this I'll never drive a GM vehicle again. I'd rather walk for the rest of my life.

How about they take the money and help AMERICA. Lets close the factories in Europe and modernize/build factories here and hire people.

Where is that (uncostitutional) auto czar now? Shouldn't he tell them "No you can't take taxpayer money to europe"? Telling the auto industry what they can and can't do...isn't that his job?

Where's Obama telling them not to do this and encouaging them to create jobs in the US? He's all about saving a creating jobs...here's his chance.

Taxpayers are the only reason GM still exists shouldn't we have a say in them doing something like this?

ParkPrincess

Asked by ParkPrincess at 2:59 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, GM left Opel to themselves and Opel had a different company interested, and the different company was about to buy Opel. Now GM decided they wanna keep Opel...
    I just think they do it because all the new Chevy models are actually Opel Design...(and sold in germany under Opel). Maybe they will loose all the new Chevy models??? Who knows...
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 3:06 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Wow, aren't you a little selfish? Close all the factories in Europe??? I bet your saying this now and on christmas you will send some money to poor orphans in africa...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• You have no idea how an international corporation works, do you? If they neglect the holdings they have, their net worth drops. If their net worth drops, every penny of bailout money spent on them is worth less and "our"shares of the company are turned into toilet paper. It's like complaining about a parent having the nerve to feed their other kids when one of them is sick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• What frustrates me is that when Saturn was first dev., they were a "different kind of car company". AND THEY WERE. And they were making a profit! 100% American manufactured. Then about 7 yrs ago, GM decided to make Saturn more like GM. This inc. moving prod. to Belgium, making it's body style more like the other GM cars, etc...Which, imo, inevitably caused it's demise. So they drop Saturn and pump money into Opel. Taxpayer Money. Meanwhile the old Saturn Plant in Sprinhill, TN is wrapping all the machinary they just updated and remodeled last year in bubble wrap and the plant will sit idle..... No workers. No Prod. No Dev.To the person who questions how international businesses work. I hope you realize how ALL businesses work. Including the bonuses that many banks get are in their contract. So when the President signs to honor the contract, then ridicules the bank for taking the $$$, the Pres. is a fool.smoke & mirrors
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:43 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Europe is the future of GM. America is on its way to third world status is the dems are not kicked out soon.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:17 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• You want to tell them how they can spend their money? Thought we weren't supposed to control private compaines?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Anon :26, GM is no longer a private company. It's owned by the government. That means you, me, and the poster.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Nov. 9, 2009