Mother's Milk - does it actually work?

I have heard about this tea for a couple days now - my doctor brought it up, the pediatrition brought it up, I heard some mommies talking about it at the breastfeeding support group, and now I just saw someone bring it up here on Cafemom! Does this tea actually help with milk supply and lactation?! I've had trouble with my supply and would like to discontinue supplementing occasionally - is this something I should look into? I have tried what seems like every suggestion under the sun - just recently have I heard of this tea! I would love some information about it if any of you mommies out there have any!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ive heard many women have success with it! also there is Fenugreek and other herbs you can take to up your supply, eat oatmeal and drink pleanty of water!
    Good luck, I think its a GREAT thing that you want to stop supplimenting and go back to just nursing!
    OH, and just so you know, the BEST way to up your milk supply is to nurse nurse nurse, put your baby to the breast as often as possible, a babys suckling works better than any pump at stimulating the breast and uping your milk!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 7:43 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• My doctor apparently swears upon it for lactation & supply...but I don't know if it's actually working or not. I started drinking it a week ago & my boobs seem fuller but it could just be my supply (finally) increasing. I don't know what else you're doing, but I know that I have also been feeding on demand (I supplement after he feeds off the boob since he's always still hungry) & pump when I can...both what my lactation specialist suggested. You can always try it, you even said your doctor brought it up so I'm guessing it was as a suggestion for your supply...check your local health food store or you can order it online too. Good luck mama!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 3:32 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• oh, yah! Thanks for reminding me, I forgot about it!! I love it, and think it works....
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:59 AM on Nov. 9, 2009