has anyone have a good experince with a dating site?

So I'm trying to move on I tryed ehormny but they don't take seperated or devoced people, craigs list is full of losers, and I did match.com spent the $35 (witch I paid with ex credit card) and it doesn't seem that great.

WifeyorMom

Asked by WifeyorMom at 3:36 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• I met my husband on match.com. It worked very well for us. But I had dated a few guys before meeting him where I thought it did not work that well. The dating sights are full of guys who are serial daters or just looking for a hook-up. Just like meeting a man anywhere else - you have to be careful and really check them out before moving to the next step of intimacy. No matter where you meet a guy, you MUST take it slow. As I tell my single girlfriends - "make a man EARN your affection." Don't give yourself away to him. Don't worry about being "good enough" for him - check him out and find out if he is good enough for you. And dump his ass if he isn't.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I guess I really should not be answering your post because I am anti-internet dating sites. I have been cheated on so many times by a man using them that now I can't stomach going to one. Sorry. I wish you the best of luck but I think they are all crap and full of bots and married men.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:44 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I had some fun using yahoo dating and singleparentmeet.com I pretty much only made friends, but that is the best way to start a relationship.

I hate chat for the same reason the above hates online dating. Stupid men!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Hmm...well, first, that's a change for eharmony. I'm divorced and I used it before, though I didn't like it. I used plentyoffish.com and okcupid.com, and I've had an awesome experience. On plentyoffish, I met a really cute, nice guy that I enjoyed talking to, but in the end we ended up being nothing more than friends. On okcupid, I met the guy I am currently deep in like with, and it is wonderful. He makes me laugh, pays attention to me, is cool with the fact that I have kids and actually gets that they come before him.

It can happen, you can find nice guys on dating sites, you just have to be aware, and remember that they can be less than honest but don't treat them all like liars. You have to find that fine line where you are making sure they are truly single without accusing them of being liars.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:30 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Thanks ladies so I guess its no better than just going out for happy hour. Men! Know wonder its full of men! I bet a lot of them are married thanks for the warning.
    WifeyorMom

Answer by WifeyorMom at 9:15 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I met my husband on Yahoo Personals.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:01 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I've met some great guys that are going to be friends forever from plentyoffish.com and from adultfriendfinder.com . I didn't like eharmony, match.com or craig's list. I met SO on yahoo personals.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:55 AM on Nov. 9, 2009