The people from Organizing for America were heard.

But all those people who gathered at the Capitol on Thursday and again on Saturday, did no one hear them? From an email that P-BO sent out shortly after the bill passed the House:

But you and millions of your fellow Organizing for America supporters didn’t just witness history tonight — you helped make it. Each “yes” vote was a brave stand, backed up by countless hours of knocking on doors, outreach in town halls and town squares, millions of signatures, and hundreds of thousands of calls. You stood up. You spoke up. And you were heard.

I didn't get a call. I was not asked to sign a petition. I do not understand why/how they can ignore so completely so many people who are right there!!

(I got the excerpt of the email from a blog by Michelle Malkin. I am currently link-challenged)

29again

Asked by 29again at 4:21 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• They don't care what we the people think. It's all about control for them.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:51 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• The WH is and MOST of the folks in Washington are NOT listening to the PEOPLE! Its a little crazy....
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:18 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• It's obvious they will only listen to the people who agree with them. They have to make everyone else look small and useless. It's what they do. But Obamaand Pelosi had to make a big deal of the healthcare passing(everything they do is HISTORIC). Smart people know it's all smoke and mirrors. Meant next to nothing in real life. The Senate has to pass a bill and then they have to merge them. Even getting Healthcare thru the Senate is going to be much harder. They are coming right out and talking about how hard it will be.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:14 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Health Care plans have been worked on for over 20 years and nobody has been able to pass it yet. I'm sure all the objections will defeat it again. SO, good luck when you can't afford any of your privately insured health care plans in the future. I hope you start making good decsions to preserve your health now . SOmeday your Insurance will be more per month than your mortgage payment and certainly more than your retirement income. So-lets hope you are really healthy ...
    OR that we DO get a Health Care plan from the Government that will help you when you can't afford your Employer's Plan or BCBS,whatever. Hah.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Wasn't there a Republican reform bill during the Bush years that was squashed by a Democratic filibuster? Am I remembering things that didn't happen? I guess I better go do some research. I will post anything I find later.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:22 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• http://www.democrats.com/node/8862

from a site that calls themselves "aggressive progressives".   

The article above has links to the bills. I am sure there would be very divisive debate over whether these bills would have worked. 

My opinion that for politicians, special interests always come first is true about ALL politicians.  The current bill is no different than the one that the Republicans wrote (as far as being filled with special interests).  I have always understood that no politician looks out for the public's best interest.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:34 AM on Nov. 9, 2009