Does the United States population eat Genetically Modified food?

What are your opinions about genetically modified food?

Some say that genetically modified food will end world hunger and some say that the ones who consume genetically modified food will end up with health problems.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I did some quick research. In the US 89% of the soybeans are GM and 60% of the corn (Wikipedia). It seems like if you use oil, packaged foods or eat out you have eatem GM food.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:41 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• This is why we eat mostly organic foods. Have you ever seen a potato with jellyfish genes glow in the dark?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:13 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• yes, our country does, and it's sickening. I dont' understand how anyone would think that altering DNA in something would be good at all. Nature does what it does for a reason. Leave it the f*ck alone. This is a great reason to grow your own food, which I hope to have it perfected as soon as I can. Organic foods also are not genetically modified. It is disturbing and I'm tired of all these "scientists" and the government trying to play "god" when it comes to our planet. Anything that grows naturally on our earth needs to stay that way! But, whatever. Shoot, screw mayan calendars, the idiots that inhabit this planet are going to be the ones destroying it!!
    workathome01

Answer by workathome01 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• What are your opinions about genetically modified food?

Its gross.

Also, the idea of cloned meat scares me. It scares me even more that it would be sitting on the shelves right next to regular meat and wouldn't have to be labeled as such. Its one of the reasons I shop organic.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 10:55 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I have a child with a severe food allergy, and in doing research on that have found that there is a link between the rise in GMO's and the rise in food allergies. Also possible links with ADHD, autism, etc. I do not like being a guinea pig to GMO experimentation! Here are some articles to check out:

http://healthychild.org/blog/comments/our_intimate_relationship_with_food_a_complex_truth/

http://www.examiner.com/x-24027-Phoenix-Family-Health-Examiner~y2009m10d23-Genetically-modified-foods

And a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVH9x4s-5Pc
    LibbyLife

Answer by LibbyLife at 11:05 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Yes, it has been genetically altered by aliens to control our minds!
    plainsmom71

Answer by plainsmom71 at 11:22 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• It's been a concern of mine for years. And it's horrible just how powerless we are since it's in everything. Not everyone can afford free range beef or chickens and it's hard to find local sustainable produce. I've read books like The End of Food, Omnivore's Dilemma and saw Food, Inc and The Future of Food and it's quite frightening.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• We eat only Organic when possible.
    SugarAndSpiceX3

Answer by SugarAndSpiceX3 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2009