What do you think of December 21,2012?

What do you think will happen on December 21,2012?
I watch a show last night about it I was up all night long, I kept thinking about my kids in the year of 2012 I will have a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old and a 11 yr old.If all those bad thing are supose to happen how am I supose to get my kids through it with the fire and the extream flooding and no power and the shortage of food.I dont want nothing to happen unles it something good.And I dont want to put my kids through all that bad stuff what if something was to happen to me and hubby and the kids would be here all bye them selfs or vis versa I would kill my self.
I just want to know what you ladies think about it maybe I can put my minds at rest a little bit.

Mamato2angels

Asked by Mamato2angels at 8:37 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You have no control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• It is fiction. They are coming out with a NEW MOVIE abouit 2012. They want people to get all upset and go see the movie,hoping for answers. IT IS FICTION. Please do not believe all that crap. You can't live in fear. Enjoy life and your children and don't become a victim of those idiots .
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:08 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Looks like a movie I would see

You are aware that the MAYANS don't believe what the wingnuts are saying about that Mayan calender right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I wouldn't lose sleep over it. No one can know if it is true or not so whatever happens, happens and that is that. You can't spend your days worrying about it. What a waste of your life.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:34 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• You are aware that the MAYANS don't believe what the wingnuts are saying about that Mayan calender right?

And just when did they tell you this?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:36 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• This is just like what happened when it turned year 2000...it's another day and a day in which I should have all my christmas shopping done by or I'm in trouble.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:44 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

And just when did they tell you this?

Jon Stossel did a report in it, interviewed leaders
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Makes me think of Y2K. People freaked out thought it was the end of the world. They stocked up on everything and many acted like madmen. On Jan 1 2000 when the sky had not fallen and computers did not blow up people tried to return things and play it off like it was no big deal. I found it amusing. I suspect the unintelligent and afraid in our country who believe every single conspiracy theory or think movies are real will buy into this. My husband said his company is expecting 2012 to be the year they financially turn around since so many will be stocking up on supplies in their panic. On 12-13-2012 those same people will be mad when they cannot return the pallet of water they bought or the generators. They will see the sky has not fallen and the world is no different than it was.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• 2012 isn't the end of the world, Mayans insist Apolinario Chile Pixtun is tired of being bombarded with frantic questions about the Mayan calendar supposedly "running out" on Dec. 21, 2012. After all, it's not the end of the world. Or is it? Definitely not, the Mayan Indian elder insists. "I came back from England last year and, man, they had me fed up with this stuff."

http://tweentribune.com/content/2012-isnt-end-world-mayans-insist

I didn;t see Jon Stossel but here is an interview with a Mayan elder
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:59 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Well, we do read....that's how we know that the Mayans think you guys who believe it are wingnuts. It seems that nobody reads here. Everyone just LISTENS to Fox News and their fellow wingnuts. I feel so sorry for you frightened people, ignorant frightened people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Nov. 9, 2009