What do you think of December 21,2012?

What do you think will happen on December 21,2012?
I watch a show last night about it I was up all night long, I kept thinking about my kids in the year of 2012 I will have a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old and a 11 yr old.If all those bad thing are supose to happen how am I supose to get my kids through it with the fire and the extream flooding and no power and the shortage of food.I dont want nothing to happen unles it something good.And I dont want to put my kids through all that bad stuff what if something was to happen to me and hubby and the kids would be here all bye them selfs or vis versa I would kill my self.
I just want to know what you ladies think about it maybe I can put my minds at rest a little bit.

Mamato2angels

Asked by Mamato2angels at 8:38 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I posted this same question yesterday...under the same topic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I think it's just a date in the future. And the types of things that are alleged to happen are acts of nature which we have no control over so you enjoy the present day and don't worry about the future. Remember the Y2K hype?? That's all this is to me.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:43 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I think it would be silly to loose it over a date on the calendar. I mean I agree w/the above. Remember the Y2K scare? All computers were going to crash and chaos was supposed to follow. The date came and went w/few if any problems. I mean, (me personally,as a Christian) believe that all I can do is live my life doing the best I can do. I gave my heart to God and I try to do what is right. Whatever happens is meant to be. I trust that if for some reason the end of everything comes,it will and however sad or awful,it's part of the plan.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I am not too sure about what I think about this I'd like to think it will not happen I mean this is what scientist predict and no one really knows when the world is going to end. Only God.
    So let's just live our happy lives until God calls us home and put all your worries to him.
    Take it day by day. But I do feel the same way as you...What if? I try not to think too much of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• This is just like what happened when it turned year 2000...it's another day and a day in which I should have all my christmas shopping done by or I'm in trouble.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:45 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Four days before Christmas. I think the Mayans just got tired of making their calendar and had to stop at some point. Lol they'd still be working on it if they kept it going forever. I don't think there is much cause for concern or worry, and if the world is coming to an end then there is nothing we can do about it so again, worrying is pointless. Just relax and appreciate each day you are given. Hope you feel better!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:14 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I think my SIL will get drunk.  It's her birthday.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:28 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Do you remember the last end of the world? Y2K?? Yeah, and what happened there? No catastrophe, no end, just one big ass party!

Honey, the Mayans were carving their calendar out of solid rock. When they were killed by the Spanish, they were kinda forced to stop... That's just all the further it goes because they couldn't carve any more.

Many civilizations have predicted the end and none of them have been right. Personally I don't think the gods would ever play things by our rules! You can usually figure that if people put a date on it, the gods will simply change their minds just so we don't know what's going on... Simple as that. IF the end of the world comes in our life time, it won't be because of some mystical event, it will be because of nuclear war and pride. ALL caused by people - not by some predictable date or the gods.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:30 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Just enjoy life now. Life is short.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Listen.

Those
    shows
    are
    only
    meant
    to
    SCARE
    YOU!

It is only a date. I repeat, it is only a date. The fear will eat you alive if you dwell on it too much. Trust me, I know. I nearly had a nervous breakdown over it last year. I came out of it stronger and more aware that the entire thing is a sham meant to scare the shit out of unsuspecting folks.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:08 AM on Nov. 9, 2009