Is there any good way to eat a pomegranate?

I love pomegranates, but every time I eat them I end up with my fingers all covered in juice. I tear the whole thing apart in little pieces to get to the fruit. I feel like a 3 year old! LOL!

Does anyone know of a more dignified way to eat pomegranate?

IrishMommaC

Asked by IrishMommaC at 8:49 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Well I haven't tried it but the last time I bought one it came with a very pretty little pamphlet by the Pom-Wonderful people (that make the pomegranate juice that is always advertised all over NPR). It spelled out a a specifis way to cut it, then you just pull it apart, and you do it over a bowl of water. Then when you finish, any white bits that came off will float on top, and you just scoop them off and throw them away, and the yummy seeds all sink. Maybe check out their website and see if the directions are there? Mmmm now I want a pomegranate... I love them...
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 9:13 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I don't think there is a good way. They are about the messiest things I have ever seen. Have you tried separating the little juice bulbs in a bowl of water and then draining the water off and eating them? That may be the best way, but it is still very messy.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:58 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• google the directions- there is a specific way to cut and disassemble it. it's really not all that messy... felipesmom pointed out what one of the major growers does- they usually have little instruction pamphlets with them... lol also, make sure its chilled well before cutting, it'll help prevent unnecessary ruptures which = mess.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:49 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Put the seeds in a salad!
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 12:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Wear a clear plastic gloves. Buy a box of them because it seems like you love them. LOL
    Anonymous

• http://seasoningz.com/seasoningz-blog/three-methods-of-how-to-eat-a-pomegranate/
    Anonymous