ABC: Ft Hood Shooter attempted to contact Al Qaeda. Your thoughts?

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/fort-hood-shooter-contact-al-qaeda-terrorists-officials/Story?id=9030873&page=1

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 9:04 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• MY OWN THOUGHTS ARE...If U.S. intelligence agencies were aware that he was in contact with al Qaeda, why in the world would they NOT tell the Army? It says its not known if the Army was aware. The Army says several people were concerned about specific strange behavior and many complaints were made about his statements, etc. I can't understand why he wasn't investigated more thoroughly or at the very least taken off active duty, gun rights taken away, and taken into custody when found to be in contact with known terrorists. The people at Fort Hood deserved to know this, and deserved to live.
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• not a big suprise.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 9:06 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Not surprised
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• ditto, no suprise.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:12 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• No surprise here
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:16 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• WOW! I am actually surprised, but I have been out of the loop all weekend. I know he said the Allah thing before he started shooting (or while, I don't know), but I am a little surprised. I guess only because this is the first I am hearing of it, not because I didn't think it was possible. KWIM?

Anyway, my heart goes out to the families and friends of those that were killed and to those that were injured. I hope that they are able to find some sense of justice as this coward his held accountable.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:18 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Now ABC is reputable to you?
    The fact that this man was going slowly crazy for at least a year and was turning to religious fanatacism does not surprise me.
    Just like Doctor Tiller's killer who said he was doing God's work and the woman who drowned 5 kids saying God told her it was the only way to save them from the Devil
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• The fact that this man was going slowly crazy for at least a year and was turning to religious fanatacism does not surprise me.

Anon, please provide these facts showing the reason for his behavior was proven to be a result of him "slowly going crazy".........Ohh and on ABC~We have every right to an opinion on the content of any aricle/any news source. Hence why I asked for YOUR thoughts.  Duh...  lol....  If you don't agree with the article or find it wrong/biased/lacking facts~Please feel free to debunk it.  :o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:29 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Not surprised here either.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 9:36 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• My husband actually knew him. (Major prayers to his family). Dh says it's more like Columbine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Nov. 9, 2009