Ex-husband yells at me still....

Last night, I had to call my ex to find out who is getting the kids on Thanksgiving. He said he would have to call me back to document things...we are in a custody battle. I made the comment, "you don't have ur recorder going know?", and he flipped out, screamed that I have a serious attitude problem, and told me to shut up. My kids were with him for the weekend and they were standing right next to him...I could hear them. I was so mad cuz he always does that. Does anyone else have this issue? I think because of the battle, he did that to make it look like a scene in front of the kids and his new wife.

My3RaysofSun

Asked by My3RaysofSun at 9:14 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Well he isnt' your problem anymore, so you can just hang up on him
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:17 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Don't talk to him.

There should be state standard visitation guidelines to be used until you get your court ordered visitation. In Indiana they have had these for over 25 years, it seems like they would have them everywhere and they should be online. Follow the standard visitation guidelines.

If you have to communicate with him do it by email or snail mail.

Remember, he can't yell at you if you don't let him. Don't ever let him in your home at pic-up or drop-off times. Arrange a neutral public place.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:26 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Just ignore him....my dad's like that too. Trust me, they don't change. Be happy your not married to that freak anymore!
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 9:36 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Tell Him that e-mails not a phone call that thats the only way that you wrill communicate wilthhim. If he says no then tell him that thats just fine.......But you have all the cards he doesn't and untill he starts showing you respect that you will keep the cards(kids) but you don't want to tell him that. and I would go to court and file paper for custody wrong spelling. your the mom and most of the time mom wins....How old are your kids?
    If you take that kind of treatment from him then your teaching your kids that it is ok to be teated that way.. You want to show your kids that no one has the right to treat you or them with any kind of disrespect.
    If he calls and starts in all you need to do is click. and if he has a recording on then say in a nice voice that I will not commuicate though E-mail and it you dont have one then ok be nice don't start any thing if he gets mean disrespecting you all he has to hear is click.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• ^^^ as she mentioned in an email. Make the message short and to the point.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• You shouldn't have started that

Answer by admckenzie at 11:38 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• You made a sarcastic comment that set him off. He wasn't in the right, but you know the two of you don't get along, so you should have practiced more self control, bit your tongue, and kept the peace. Making sarcastic comments is going to set him off like that.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:42 AM on Nov. 9, 2009