we announced our pregnancy to family, my grandparents act like it's so weird that i'm pregnant, my son is 2, and my grandpa said "you are going to end up with 20 kids!" lol, anyone else get weird reactions?

i'm close to my grandparents and lived with them for 2 years. we just told our parents and my grandparents that we are expecting our second child. our son is 2. My grandma just makes this shocked scared face when we tell them, and my grandpa says "you are going to end up with 20 kids!". lol. they had 3 kids before they were our age, and all within 4 years so i don't really get their reaction. i know they are just worried about us though because they know how much work it all is and they worry about the economy a lot too.

has anyone else gotten these kind of unreasonable reactions?

Stefanie83

Asked by Stefanie83 at 9:26 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes, when I told my mil that I was pregnant w/ # 2, she freaked out and told me that it would ruin my life.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 9:39 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• When we told my inlaws about our third, my FIL told my husband he had better get another job to pay for another one! Nice.....=)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:58 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• My family wigged out when they found out that we were considering to try to have a baby. My husband has 2 from a previous. Familys tend to worry before they are happy.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• oh yes, after the 1st 4 i was told i was crazy by everyone when i got pregnant fot the r4thtime, with twins at that oh and after the 2nd set of twins i got pregnant AGAIN with quads so ppl think i'm insane for having 10 kids lol
    ihave10kids

Answer by ihave10kids at 10:17 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• oh i def got reactions!..Im 23 i have a 2yr old and a 1yr old and im due in 10 days with my third, my mom had me and my sisters/bro one right after another, and my sisters have kids too..so its like omg your pregnant again, and dang your pg every year..and just stupid stuff and it annoys me SO MUCH cuz my mom tells people im just home having babies, and then i tell her she has no room to talk cuz she had us one right after another, and i really dont see the big deal, im with my baby's father and we live together, we been together for 4 almost 5 years, i want atleast 2 more children, and its not like im asking any of them for help. it just gets on my nerves...its my life if i want 5kids then o well its my body.
    priscilla2boys

Answer by priscilla2boys at 5:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• we have a three. 5, 3 ,2.
    When they ask me when we are going to quit i tell them not until we get an ugly one lol
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 12:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2009