If you got or are planning to get the N1H1 vaccine

I got it today. My doctor said it's grown the same why the regular flu vaccine is and that it's not that big a deal. I got the mist. So now I'm debating whether or not I want my 2 year old to get it. Did you get it for your toddlers. She's in day care, so more suspectible. And I do plan on getting the regular flu shots when her pedi has it available. Just looking for what you think about getting it for the toddler. I will obviously talk to her doctor about it, too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• All of mine got it just over a week ago. (actually the H1N1 and seasonal shot) I can't get them the mist because they have asthma.

Our pediatrician told me the H1N1 shot is the seasonal shot adapted for this specific virus. For me there was no debate. We got the seasonal one last year, and were getting it this year. Unfortunately, there wasn't time to get the H1N1 into the seasonal shot, so it just happens to be separate this year. (it's going to be part of the seasonal one next year)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I was thinking about it, but I am on the fence. Right now they do not have either one at our doctors office. So idk what I'm going to do. I always get the regular flu shot for my kid's and I, but I'm not sure about H1N1???
    YeahHer

Answer by YeahHer at 9:58 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Thanks, anon. OP here. I had herd all different things about the shot but when my doctor said it was basically the same as the flu shot, just adjusted for the new strand it didn't seem as bad. I think I'll let my daughters pedi make the final call. Thanks for the input. Other input is also welcomed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I dont vaccinate my son and even if I did, I would not be getting him a shot that is still experimental.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 10:25 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Experimental? How? The seasonal flu vaccine has been around for years and the H1N1 vaccine is just another variation on it!!

It's so scary how misinformed so many people are.
    Anonymous