FREAKING OUT!!

Ok I just read another question about having a baby right after c-section. Well DH and I are ttc and our "c section baby" is 18 months old. Are we safer or have a good chance at having a healthy pregnancy and baby? I do plan on having a VBAC. My scar on the outside is nice and healed and I have lost all my baby weight from having her. I don't know if that matters just thought I would throw that in there.
Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You need to talk to your doctor, many women can have a safe Vaginal Birth after C-section, but some doctors won't even let you try, just see what your OB's take is on it, good luck, and happy trying! -LOL
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:51 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Unless you had problems in your last pregnancy or are not in great health I don't see why you wouldn't have a healthy preg/baby. I got pregnant only 4 months after my first c-section baby, I'm still carrying her but everything has been great so far and I only have 2 months left! Unfortunately I cannot VBAC due to how fast I got pregnant, but at 18 months post c-section you have a much greater chance at finding a doctor that will support your decision. I've heard midwives are the way to go when wanting to VBAC because most OB's are quick to cut. GL!!!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:56 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• The World Health Organization recommends waiting at least 3 years before ttc. Less well informed doctors and American medical organization may say wait 2 years. Waiting 18 months is not long enough. It puts you at more danger. You may have more problems finding a doctor and hospital that will allow you to attempt a VBAC.

Why is it good to listen to the WHO and not just American medical organizations. The US ranks 41st in maternal mortality. Pretty sad when we spend the most.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:59 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Her pregnancy was perfect, no complications. She was just stubborn and didn't want to sit upside down so they cut me. Thank you ladies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I'm the same way, TTC after my c-section baby who is 20 months old....I'm not worred at all. They say to wait at least 18 months before TTC baby #2 after a c-section just to make sure you're all healed up. I'm also going to try for Vbac :) Good luck
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 10:06 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I had an emergency c-section w/ my son (my first born and only child so far). My husband and I went in and spoke w/ my OB and we started TTC in April of this yr when my son was 11 months old. Granted I have to use fertility meds to get pregnant so we knew I wouldn't be pregnant for at least 2 more months if not more (still not preggo yet), but after being thoroughly checked out my doctor said it was safe for me to TTC and we are going for a VBAC. I would talk with your doctor.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 2:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I had a c-section. When that baby was 10 months old I got pregnant with my second baby. I had another c-section and 10 months later, I got pregnant with baby number 3.

My doctor says to wait a year after a c-section before TTC. You have already waited a year and a half; I wouldn't worry at all about trying now.

I have an auto immune disease that requires me to have c-sections...VBAC was never an option for me. But if you start TTC now, you will be having the new baby at least 2 years after you c-section. You'll be fine.

Good luck and have fun.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2009