Exercising while pregnant question -Help!

I know it is OK to exercise during pregnancy as long as you don't try to improve your current fitness level. I am 19 weeks, and was doing my typical 30 minutes on my elliptical. I am very careful to keep my heart rate below 144 (per doctor recommendation). When I finished yesterday, MY heart rate was fine, but I could actually feel my baby's heart rate, which seemed to be going a lot faster than usual. Has anyone experienced this and is it normal?

tarabartish

Asked by tarabartish at 10:04 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, sounds scary...lol
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:05 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• How did you feel your baby's heartbeat? Are you sure it was the baby? You do have a pulse of your own in your abdomen, which is sometimes picked up on doppler. If the heart rate was between 140 and 160 it may have been your child, but that isn't high and I can't imagine that you would have felt that anyway.
    kristinas8

Answer by kristinas8 at 10:08 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• start doing something thats not a cardio based exercise.

pilates or yoga are great and weight training or swimming.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:44 AM on Nov. 9, 2009