What to do with a trailer full of pumpkins?

We're jobless here! My DH grew some wonderful pumpkins! We had a severe draught here. So DH had to carry water to the back area where hoses don't reach to grow these massive nice pumpkins! We put them out for sale. On your honor. Priced from 10 cents to $3.00! None sold! We couldn't even give them Away.. Anyway! Now what? We're not allowed to feed the Deer here! So curious what to do with them? Any good ideas? Atlantic giants, gourds Erc.... We never like anything to go to waste! My Car broke down last month! So we're stranded in the rural country. I'd appreciate your good ideas! Our chickens are getting some! They haven't laid an egg since the new neighbor's with a dog moved in back in June! So I'm mad at the Hens!!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:11 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Place an ad on Craigslist, and see if you can sell some or see if local food banks would like some for the holidays!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Pumpkin pie, jam, enchiladas, muffins, bread, etc. . . . . . See if that sells. It is the season for pumpkin goodies. Also if it doesn't sell you could eat it.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:20 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Thank you for the replies! But they're atlantic giants & not pie pumpkins? So I don't know if they can be used for home recipes!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:37 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Have a pumpkin crushing contest or throwing or launching contest?

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:41 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• compost them.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:43 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Try again in giving them away by making a BIG sign by your truck: 

FREE PUMPKINS TO GOOD HOME. 

Perhaps church organizations can help you in taking some to give away. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Nov. 9, 2009