formula weaning?

When did you start weaning your child from formula to milk. My son will be one on the 26th and I have started mixing milk with the formula. He doesnt seem to even notice a difference. except hes spitting up a lil again. Any suggestions on how i should be doing this and when u started.

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 10:15 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Since this is really on different from breast weaning, this is what I did. Mix milk in ever increasing portions but give several days inbetween increases. Another thing I noticed was that my DD couldn't tolerate whole milk so I had to give 2% instead. She was eating almost everything that we ate so she was making up for the nutrients lost from whole milk.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:17 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• There's no reason to wean unless there are health concerns. We went straight to milk, no problems. At around 11 months, the doc said when the formula runs out, don't bother buying any more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Hey our babies are 3 days apart! I've been alternating milk with formula. And I only give the milk in a sippy cup. Mine doesnt mind either, that is, until bedtime, I think thats when our struggles are going to happen. But thats a bottle issue not milk. If baby cant handle the milk, just wait a few days and try again, or just give a little less during the day. If no diarrhea or vommitting, rashes, or other allergic signs then he is probably going to be fine. O and happy bday to our boys!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:23 AM on Nov. 9, 2009